Saturday, February 20, 2010

Birthday Pops

We decided to be 'adventurous' for the girls bday cake. We saw a really cute site that made Cake Pops out of cheesecake. Cheesecake on a stick dipped in chocolate and rolled in sprinkles. The only way we could have made it better was if we had deep fried it like the State Fair!1

So we baked a cheesecake with out the crust. (Forgot to take pics of it) and then once it was cold, we used a small cookie scoop to make small balls out of the cheesecake. We put them in the freezer to make them easier to dip.

These are the candy wafers from Hobby Lobby that you melt.

Lots of pink and white sprinkles for Birthday girls!

These are fun Lollipop sticks also from Hobby Lobby.

Here are the cheesecake scoops that we have already put the sticks in.

From here - all you do is dip into the chocolate and then into the sprinkles.

It was tasty enough looking that everyone wanted to help.0

After we did them all, I put them in an arrangement to have some form of 'cake and candles' to blow out. These are pieces of foam wrapped up. Everything just shoves down in it.
These were SO good and rich - one pop was enough. It has been a good day!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh so cute!!!! Hmmm, wonder how we could do this with a fireworks theme for Leah??

Donna said...

Cute idea Angela! I love it!

Donna said...

Hi Angela, I wanted to tell you that I nominated you for the Sunshine Award..because you are one of the people who has really encouraged me these last few months...so thanks! I've listed your blog for tomorrow's post and linked it back to here.